Saturday, December 4, 2010

China or Bust!

So, I've done a terrible job of keeping up with this blog (or even figuring out how to do it- where do people find the time)?!! Anyway.... we received a referral in June for a beautiful 1 year old girl and we quickly accepted. We had been in the special needs program since our LID in November 2009, but we were beginning to get discouraged and I was ready to call it quits and settle in for the LONG wait. And then on Friday June 25th, I received a call at work from my agency, "no pressure, just thought you could take a look, call me if you have any questions,the file is in your email." I took a quick look and my heart started racing. It is truly amazing how you just know when its your child. It has been a whirlwind ever since and we have been in high gear at our house preparing to bring our daughter home. Finally... parents at the ripe old ages of 42 and 40!
We are off to China on December 9th to return home on Christmas Eve Day. What a very special Christmas this will be for us. We may be sleeping through Christmas this year, but it will be with a big smile on our faces! I hope to keep up with the blog while in China- we'll see how that goes. Right now, I'm exhausted from just looking over the itinerary and packing! Bon Voyage!


No comments:

Post a Comment