Monday, February 25, 2013

Sunday Snapshot {breaking news}

Shocking news, in fact!  Back in November, we found out that we are going to have a baby!  While for most couples this would be the most exciting news they could hear, we were just in shock. I am 45 years old, we have been married for over 12 years, and we just never thought this was something we were going to experience.  Earlier in the fall, we had been having long discussions about going back to China to adopt another little girl.   I wanted it more than anything.  I wanted Cadie to have a sibling from her birth country and I wanted to have 2 little giggling girls! But when we took a hard look at our finances and our financial future, we just couldn't see how we could make it work.  I cried a lot. But the idea of just having one was beginning to settle in.  We started looking into the best private school in our area, we started thinking about return trips to China, and getting Cadie started in Chinese school.  But apparently, God had other plans for us.  So, now after shifting gears again, excitement is starting to build and Cadie is so excited to be a big sister!  Cadie will turn 4 in June, and she is already planning all the things she is going to teach her little brother...how to play hockey (her current obsession, thanks to cousin Jack), how to play soccer, and how to brush his teeth!  Oh my...she's in for a shock when she sees how little this baby is going to be!  But it is opening the door for questions about her own past.  And we are welcoming the questions as they come.  I just hope I can provide the answers.  She is such a sweet, loving girl.  Most days, I still pinch myself when I look at her.  God really does answer our prayers.



Ni Hao Yall

2 comments:

  1. hOW EXCITING FOR YOU! Congratulations! Wishing you an easy delivery. Isn't God awesome! He always answers our prayers in ways we can never imagine.

    ReplyDelete